SERVICOM is an acronym for service compact with all Nigerians. Established on 21st March 2004 by the then government of President Olusegun Obasanjo to checkmate the quality of services rendered to the citizens by Ministries, Department and Agencies which had hitherto being very poor.
SERVICOM by its establishment became the engine room for quality service delivery. With it’s motto 'You have the right to be served right', it now behooves on SERVICOM to ensure that the compact (agreement) entered into by all public/civil servants are appropriately maintained in the discharge of their duties to the Nigerian populace. By this compact also, it is expected that wherever service is provided, it is expected to be the very best that an officer can offer devoid of unnecessary delays or failure since by the compact officers have sworn to 'dedicate themselves to providing quality service to which citizens, are entitled to timely, fairly, honestly, effectively and transparently.
Again, the SERVICOM mandate expects that public servants are:
a) Providence quality services designed customer’s requirements.
b) Set out citizens'/customers entitlements in ways they can readily understand.
c) Identify the list of fees payback and prohibit illegal demands.
d) Be committed to providing services within an acceptable and realistic time frame.
e) Conduct and publish surveys of customer satisfaction.
The SERVICOM office is established within the presidency to operationalize Government's commitments under SERVICOM.
In the Federal Polytechnic Offa, the SERVICOM Unit is an integral Department attached to the office of the Rector.
Headed by a Deputy Registrar who is also known as the Focal Officer of SERVICOM, the Unit operates under three main sub units as also seen in the SERVICOM Headquarters:
1. The Charter Desk Office responsible for the formulation, implementation and review of policies.
2. The Customer care/complaints desk office responsible for addressing customer grievances and
3. The Service Improvement desk office responsible for ensuring that the quality of service rendered, conforms to and is commensurate to the required standards.
The Unit's duties include but are not limited to the following:
-Attending to students and staff complaints about service failure or delay anywhere in the Polytechnic.
-Monitoring the attendance of lecturers and students at lectures to ensure prompt and regular teaching and learning.
-Collaborating with the Directorate of Examinations in monitoring and ensuring hitch free examinations in the Polytechnic and where there are challenges, Jocelyn address them.
-Advising, counselling and proffering solutions to students' enquiries on campus.
-Actively involved in all elections in the Polytechnic.
-Involved in all issues as regards the monitoring and general conduct of staff and students in the Polytechnic.
The Unit operates in the two campuses of the Polytechnic i.e Mini and Main with the following as staff:
1. Mr. Olushola. A. Omole Deputy Register
2. Mr. Olasunkanmi .S. Hamzat CEO
3. Mrs. Esther. O. Oyeniyi. PAR
4. Mrs.Oluranti A. Debo-Ajayi AR
5. Mr. Toyin. A. Ibrahim PEO 11
6. Mrs. Dorcas M. Oluwole AO1
7. Mr. Kehinde. O. Nafiu SEO
8. Mr. Rasaq Olanrewaju SEO
9. Mr. Jamiu A. Ibraheem SEO
10. Mr. Chibuzor E. Iwuala AO11
11. Mr. Iwuchukwu .C. Mbakwe AO11
12. Mrs. Blessing A. Ezeadim AO11
13. Mrs. Khadijat T. Yahaya Confidential Secretary 11