The Main Campus of the Polytechnic is located about 6.5 kilometres from Offa town centre on the Offa – Ojoku Road while the Mini Campus is located at the southern end of Offa town along Offa Oshogbo Road.
From this humble beginning, the Polytechnic has developed to its present state with 25 programmes offered at National Diploma (ND) level, 18 at Higher National Diploma (HND) level as well as Pre-ND programmes in Arts and Science. The institution is proud of over 15,000 students in its care.
RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE POLYTECHNIC
It is on record that since inception, Management of the Polytechnic has not hidden her desire for success and place the institution at the zenith of academic excellence. The Polytechnic recorded great feats in many areas including the following:
- Research work on sweet potato for bread and other confectioneries. This on-going research has attracted the attention of world’s greatest philanthropist – Mr Bill Gates, whose Poverty Eradication Foundation team has visited the Polytechnic for the use of the research to alleviate poverty in Africa;
- Fabrication of various useful engineering tools/equipment and computer accessories by staff and students of the Polytechnic School of Engineering Technology;
- Research and discovery of new technology to prepare various Nigerian foods e.g. Fufu as against the conventional method believed to be less hygienic by staff and students of Food Technology Department.
- Partnership with foreign governments as well as national and international institutions for training and retraining of staff through. An example is the partnership with China through her embassy in Nigeria and the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, to train and retrain staff of the Polytechnic. Some staff have concluded their studies under these arrangements while others are going-on with their studies.
- Graduates of the Polytechnic had won national awards for meritorious service to the nation under the National Youth service Corps (NYSC) programme
- The Polytechnic Contingent were the champions at the 2009 edition of the Nigeria Polytechnics Games (NIPOGA) held in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- The staff development programme of the Management has resulted in many staff acquiring Doctorate Degrees with many still on the course.
- Polytechnic Central Library is fully computerised and linked with Virtual Library.
- Polytechnic is ICT Compliant with most of its operations including admission, registration etc now done online.
- Polytechnic Permanent Site is a story in elegance plus prudence. Modern structures now dot the Main Campus with the seat of administration permanently moving there.
- Peace on Campus after many years of bickering and mutual suspicion.